Ascott Centre for Excellence
Ascott Centre for Excellence (ACE) is the global training centre for The Ascott Limited, set up in 2007 to develop our human capital. ACE’s vision is to be a valuable partner for our group’s success in learning and development. Its mission is to inspire and enable the development of staff through the spirit of partnership and the implementation of effective human resource practices.
ACE is also a Continuing Education and Training (CET) centre appointed by the SkillsFuture Singapore specialising in training for the Hotel and Accommodation Services Sector (since 2008).
Our Unique Strengths
As a global training centre for the Ascott Limited under our parent company CapitaLand, and an established CET centre, this sets ACE apart from other training providers. Here are our notable strengths:
- As a business unit of CapitaLand Investment (CLI) Lodging arm (Ascott) which manages hotels, service residences and student accommodation, ACE is at the position to leverage on its properties and operations to provide value-added transfer of knowledge and skills to our trainees. ACE has a Property Management System in our training devices for practical system training.
- Adult Educators (AEs) at ACE are practitioners with an average of 15 years of experience working in the hotel sector. They are all full-time trainers dedicated to design, develop, facilitate and assess ACE programmes. The strong team of 4 trainers comes with ACTA certification and diverse background cum experiences to enrich the sharing with our trainees, giving our trainees relevant and real-life perspectives of the industry and impart how learners can apply what is learnt to everyday environment and relate real life challenges in hotel operations.
- ACE has a good track record in its curriculum design and delivery of our programmes, including the efficient and good customer service of our operations team. We have consistently achieved positive ratings on participant's feedback/evaluation.
- As a corporate training centre for The Ascott Limited, ACE have the training capacities to place learners at our local properties (with brands like Ascott, Somerset, Citadines, lyf) during their course of study to experience real-life learning at the workplace. ACE is in a good stead to tap on our internal resources and harness synergy from various projects and experiences we have had to be a potential market leader in the CET field for the hotel and accommodation sector.
- Training is facilitated from a local and global aspect as we do not only teach theory but ensure it is practical as we deliver from an operations point of view. ACE provides a unique training experience to our learners such as hands-on experiences in our serviced residence and hotels in Singapore.