Withdrawal Refund Policy
As stipulated by CPE with the aim of enhancing the confidence of students and their parents in the quality of education in Singapore, Ascott Centre for Excellence will enter into a standard Private Education Institute (PEO)-Student Contract with our students. A sample copy of the Standard Student Contract is available for inspection upon request.
Withdrawal and Refund (With Cause)
The Policy is governed by the Student Contract entered into between the School and the student.
Subject to clause 9 of the CPE PEI-student contract, the student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving written notice to the PEI of his/her intention to do so if the PEI is in breach of any of its obligations under this Agreement or fails to perform its obligation(s) under the circumstances in Clause 2.1 (i) to (iv) of the CPE PEI-student contract.
The entire amount of the paid course fees will be refunded to students within the seven (7) working days under the following instances:
- Ascott Centre for Excellence fails, for any reason, to commence the course on the course commencement Date;
- Ascott Centre for Excellence fails, for any reasons, to complete the course by the completion date except those that are caused by the students themselves, such as, deferment, re-sit, re-module, etc.
- Ascott Centre for Excellence terminates the course for any reason prior to the completion of the course.
- Student's Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA).
For new commencing students – a cooling period of seven (7) working days will be given upon the signing of the Student Contract. A student is able to withdraw from the course with a submission of Withdrawal Form and supporting documents (if applicable) within these seven (7) working days, notwithstanding if the course commencement date has passed. Student will be entitled to a full refund on the paid course fees less any applicable bank administrative charges. Upon successful withdrawal, students must first sign the contract termination page in the CPE PEI-Student Contract.
After the cooling-off period, Ascott Centre for Excellence's Withdrawal and Refund (Without Cause) will apply.
Withdrawal and Refund (With Cause)
Where the student withdraws from the course for any reason other than those set out above (With Cause), the following refund percentages less admin fees apply and will be refunded to the student no more than seven (7) working days after receiving the student's notice of withdrawal:
|Percentage of Refundable Tuition Fee||If applicant's written Notice of Withdrawal is received|
|100% of course fees||14 working days or more before commencement of course|
|50% of course fees||Less than 14 working days before commencement of course|
|No Refund||When student's written notice of withdrawal is received by the School upon course commencement|
The following conditions must be fulfilled for refund of course fee, if any is to be considered:
- Any request for withdrawal must be submitted in writing with the Withdrawal Form (duly completed) to the Admin Office.
- Refund will be based on the remaining number of unconsumed module(s) from the date (of notice) of withdrawal in accordance to the stipulated timeline prior to the commencement of the next module as drawn out in the Refund Policy.
- No refund will be given for modules that have already completed and/or have commenced.
- Students with medical conditions or face genuine financial difficulties must support their claims with official documentary evidence to the School for consideration.
- In the event that a company-sponsored student withdraws, the company is liable to pay any outstanding fees incurred.
- Ascott Centre for Excellence will seek parental/guardian approval for students under 18 years of age, prior to processing the request for withdrawal.
- All requests pertaining to withdrawal matters are to be approved by the Ascott Centre for Excellence.
- Any decision relating to refund of course fee arising from withdrawal shall be made at the sole discretion of Ascott Centre for Excellence and that shall be final. Upon which, the student concerned shall be informed in writing of the school decision.
- Upon successful withdrawal, students must first sign the contract termination page in the CPE PEI-Student Contract.